BENEFITS OF HAVING A DIAGNOSTIC ASSESSEMENT FOR CHILDREN AND ADULTS
- Help and understanding at school
- Extra time in exams
- Reasonable adjustments like using a laptop or keyboard in school instead of writing.
- Options in PE lessons to include solo sport
- A buddy to help find the way around a new large secondary school or college
Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) at university. This provides for additional tutorials, extra time in exams and possibly software and hardware.
- ‘Reasonable adjustments in sixth forms or college
- ‘Access to work’ help in employment. This is free to employers.
- Understanding your own type of dyspraxia and explaining this to others.
- Practical strategies to overcome or avoid difficulties, and enable you to work to your strengths.
- Helping you get in to and stay in employment.
- Helping you get promotion and better pay.
- Lessening your stress and anxiety.
- Improving your performance and your enjoyment of life